Top 10 Must Have Items When Breastfeeding
I have been breastfeeding my daughter for nearly two years now. I have been buying things with recommendations from my friends or online and some of the items I never really used. So I have come up with my own list of what breastfeeding mums REALLY need in order to be comfortable every day.
- High purity omega-3 capsules
- With DHA which contributes to normal development of brain and eye in breast-fed infants
- Calcium and vitamin K which contribute to normal blood clotting
- Carefully balanced comprehensive formulation of micronutrients
2. Disposable Breast Pads
- Closer to Nature Freedom Breast Pads have a special moisture trapping layer
- Thin and discreet so they don’t show through your clothing
- Sticky pad holds them in place in your bra
- Each pad is individually wrapped so they’ll stay clean and ready to use
- Set includes 50 pads
3. Nursing Bra
- Original Amourri® Trademark, USPTO Trademark Number 87074762. Ship From UK Directly.
- Material:92% Polyamide, 8% Elastane; With free bra extenders;
- Breathable, ribbed gore stretches to accommodate the normal bust size fluctuations nursing moms experience;
- One-hand access, adjustable shoulder straps, kook & eye closure. Easy drop cups for convenient feeding;
- Adjustable straps, seamless and buttery-soft fabric that is remarkably comfortable to wear with, and virtually invisible under clothing;
4. Breastfeeding Cover Up
They are really useful especially when travelling with kids.
5. Water Bottle
As you are going to need to drink lots and lots of water, I suggest you get a big bottle. Hydration keeps your milk supply healthy-otherwise, you risk running dry. This one is my favourite so far.
Drinking lots of Tea is essential when breastfeeding and helps boosting your milk supply. e.g. on the days when you feel like you dont have milk, just have some tea and you will see the magic happening in less than 5 minutes. You dont believe me? just try 🙂
7. Nipple Cream
- Soothing and Safe: HPA® Lanolin Cream provides the most effective relief from nipple soreness.
- 100% natural, Lansinoh HPA® Lanolin is the only lanolin product to receive the British Allergy Foundation Seal of Approval.
- No taste, colour or smell so need to remove before breastfeeding
They are very useful when you are at home and when you don’t want to use the cover ups.
9. Breastfeeding Pyjamas
Something again for you to be comfortable in when getting out of bad at night without changing your clothes.
10. Breastfeeding Dress
You definitely need practical clothes even when going out to make breastfeeding as easy as possible for both you and the baby.
Of course there are plenty of products out there that sell breastfeeding pumps and technology items and believe me, I have WASTED a lot of money on them in the past, but they never did any job for me. I either had to return those or just never used. So learn from experienced mum! You need very minimal things to make your breastfeeding experience beautiful and comfortable for you and your little one:)
I hope you find it helpful, let me know your thoughts as well.
Check out other parenting tips here.