20 Things That Change After Having a Baby
I remember my friends and relatives asking me if I was sure I wanted to have a baby or not. They used to warn me that my life would change completely. That time I did not know what they really meant and I thought they meant sacrificing their time for kids. I did not mind it and could not having to have babies on my own. After giving birth to two daughters, my life has of course, changed completely and I love it. I would not go back to my old life even for a second at all. Here are some things that COMPLETELY change after you have kids:
- Every day is a surprise.
- You discover an inner strength you never realised you had.
- Those extra pounds you gained are absolutely worth it.
- You don’t need a clock any more – your baby now sets your daily schedule.
- You respect and love your own parents more than anything now.
- Any pain your baby suffers feels much worse than your own.
- You don’t mind going to bed at 9pm on a Friday night.
- Emotions rise so much higher now.
- You discover how much there is to say about one little baby tooth.
- You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
- Who would imagine you’d be fascinated by the baby poo!
- The sacrifices you thought you’d made to have a baby no longer seem that big a deal.
- Finally you respect your body.
- You realise that a baby’s comforter has magical powers!
- You give parents with a screaming baby an “I-know-the-feeling” look, instead of a “Can’t-they-shut-him-up?” one.
- Even if you are late, you make time for one more baby hug and kiss.
- Most of the time you think you are doing something wrong.
- You learn that taking a shower is a luxury, never mind a trip to the hairdresser’s.
- You finally get to speak to the shy neighbour in your street, because you’ve got a baby in your arms.
- Things that once seemed important are now meaningless.
Have you had a baby yet? What other discoveries have you made about yourself?