Top 10 internet activities that make women happiest
We should be the happiest generation of women in history. We can choose whether to have children and when it is a right time for it. Women don’t need to marry to survive, and if marriage makes us miserable, we can divorce. Interesting and rewarding careers are on offer. We can reasonably expect men to take on a proportion of domestic responsibility. Us as a women have so many opportunities and open doors online, that we would have never imagined we had 10 years ago.
In a recent study exploring the nature of internet happiness conducted by Carphone Warehouse, 2,002 UK adults were asked to rank the online activities that make them most happy.
The study shows that shopping and entertainment have the highest impact on our mood, with activities such as ‘Achieving the winning bid on eBay’ and ‘Discovering online discount codes’ ranking high in the top factors that influence our online happiness.
Entertainment and shopping boost happiness
- Entertainment (23%) and shopping (21%) have the most positive impact on mood.
- This is reflected in the finding that over three-quarters of adults feel good, very good or in the best mood ever when…
- Achieving the winning bid on eBay (78%)
- Discovering online discount codes for their favourite retailers, saving lots of money (76%)
- Looking things up that interest them (76%)
- Obsessing over a new music video on YouTube and replaying it 100 times over (75%).
- Moreover, one in ten adults feel in the best mood ever after achieving the winning bid on eBay!
For women, the top online activity that most impacts their happiness was “winning an eBay bid”, whilst men stated that “online dating” gave them the most pleasure. Women ranked online dating twentieth, behind ordering a takeaway and managing money online.
Here’s a list of the Top 10 activities that make women happiest online:
- Achieving the winning bid on eBay (80%)
- Instant messaging with friends and family (80%)
- Discovering online discount codes for your favourite retailers and saving lots of money (79%)
- Looking things up that interest you (78%)
- Discovering the best deal through price comparison sites: from booking hotels to finding a great insurance deal (77%)
- Discovering cheap fun days out from websites like Groupon (74%)
- Finding the perfect meme/gif and sharing it with everyone (71%)
- Browsing new bands/tracks through Spotify (71%)
- Obsessing over a new music video on YouTube and replaying it 100 times over (70%)
- Getting your comment retweeted or liked by someone you love or admire (69%)
What makes you happy online? Take the quiz and test your online happiness score: https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/broadband/internet-happiness.html
I have also done the test and according to my answers I am so well-connected online 🙂
What results did you get? Please share them below.