CODING CRITTERS – YOUR FIRST CODING FRIENDS

National Coding week was founded in 2014. By 2020, it is expected that the UK will have more than 750,000 new ‘digital’ jobs and British businesses will need to train nearly 2.3 million people to meet the demand, therefore individuals can play their part by learning new skills or sharing their expertise.

It is very important to develop coding skills in children, I have been involving my girls in coding too by introducing them with toys that are 100% screen free. On September 16, 2019 is a coding week and to celebrate, we have decided to review the Coding Critters from Learning Resources.

Coding Critters are the playful puppy pets, which bring early STEM concepts to preschool learning through 100% screen-free coding. They come in 3 varieties: Ranger & Zip, Rumble & Bumble & Scamper & Sneaker. We chose Ranger & Zip combo. The play-set comes along with the adventure book which guides you to a lives of a Ranger and his friend Zip.

Each storybook coding challenge unfolds in the Coding Critters’ fun pet play-set – can you code Ranger to play hide and seek, fetch a ball from the tennis ball launcher or catch Zip after a ride down the slide. In addition to following along with the storybook’s coding challenges, you can also use the pet play-set to design your own code games and more! You can also press Ranger’s nose to activate Play Mode, where you can feed, pet, and take care of your new puppy robot pal! You can even make him dance and sing a silly song! The play-set was super easy to put together, girls did it themselves.

Little ones can help the Coding Critters on their storybook adventures, as you code them to play fetch, hide and seek, and more in their fun pet playset! You can even design your own challenges!

We have also made a video for our YouTube Channel, we hope you like it! 🙂

70154259 905098246535826 8938316753931337728 n - CODING CRITTERS - YOUR FIRST CODING FRIENDS69268719 2165548747077879 4515624019675840512 n - CODING CRITTERS - YOUR FIRST CODING FRIENDS

1. September 2, 2019 / 6:08 pm

I will also be an adult but I always go crazy for these games so cute and aggregative for children.

2. September 3, 2019 / 1:16 am

This is such a cool idea! I would love to get something like this for my nephew and get him started young. Thanks so much for sharing this!

3. September 3, 2019 / 1:21 am

This educational toy is super cute! It reminds me of Robot Turtles that my kids used to play. I agree that kids should be taught coding skills.

4. MELANIE EDJOURIAN
    September 3, 2019 / 8:08 am

This sounds like a really fun toy. I think toys like this with an educational angle are great as children learn whilst they play and don’t even realise.

5. September 3, 2019 / 8:30 am

This toy set is pretty cool, not only fun to play with but also very educative. It is important to teach children coding from a young age, it is the future!

• September 4, 2019 / 2:06 am

i like the challenges the game unfolds – from hide and seek, fetch a ball to tennis ball launcher. it brings so much fun to kids.

6. September 3, 2019 / 1:53 pm

My hubby would love my girls to have something like this as he’s massively into IT. You’re right…it’s a skill so many will need!!

7. Jen Walker
    September 3, 2019 / 4:58 pm

My 6 year old is learning coding at his school, but I need something for his younger brother to get started. I bet he would love this!

8. September 3, 2019 / 9:01 pm

I am curious by the fact that you can learn to code without a screen. This is an interesting development and it will really help so many parents reduce screen time while developing coding skills in children.

9. September 3, 2019 / 9:11 pm

This is just so cute. I think I’ll be getting this for my niece’s little girl for Christmas.

10. September 3, 2019 / 9:26 pm

What a great STEM game for the kids. Starting them early is a surefire way to get them interested in what will be a very profitable career in the future.

11. September 4, 2019 / 3:52 am

Love this toy set and how it unfolds into playset from hide and seek, fetch a ball and tennis ball launcher. any kid would surely love this.

12. September 4, 2019 / 5:43 am

Educational toys are always good for kids.This is a brilliant game for little kids.Good to surround kids with STEM concept toys and materials when they are still young.

13. September 4, 2019 / 1:47 pm

I love educational toys! There are so many amazing ones out there and Learning Resources are a lot of fun. I need to look for the coding critters. My son is completely into STEM toys and loves puppies.

14. alexandra cook
    September 4, 2019 / 2:37 pm

such an informative content! i got great ideas while reading this, thanks for sharing it!!

15. September 5, 2019 / 2:43 am

This looks like such a neat game for kids. How innovative, and what a great way for kids to learn about coding.

16. September 5, 2019 / 6:10 am

I though it was a techy post but it was the opposite. I love the video. Their happiness makes me happy to just by watching it. Thank you

17. blair villanueva
    September 5, 2019 / 7:19 am

This looks like an awesome toy! Now I wonder if this is available here locally. This is a lovely gift idea!

18. September 5, 2019 / 12:43 pm

How cool! I can see why kids will love this and it’s a fun learning tool. I might have to pick one up.

19. September 5, 2019 / 6:04 pm

I love when fun games teach children. Coding is a skill that kids need to learn.

20. September 6, 2019 / 1:36 am

this is just amazing!!! I’ve always said if if i had kids, i would teach them how to code as early as possible. Great post.

21. September 6, 2019 / 2:32 am

I love that these toys teach STEM without involving screen time. It’s a great way to expand kids minds and creativity.

22. Aishwarya Shenolikar
    September 6, 2019 / 6:54 am

Since I recruit graduates in UK, I know the importance of coding and Stem programmes quite well. It’s amazing that there are things that can help children with it. Blows my mind!

23. September 6, 2019 / 10:23 am

Gosh, like Chinese, coding and I don’t get each other. My blogs were set up by professionals. hahah I just write.

24. September 6, 2019 / 1:10 pm

Coding critters seems like the perfect game for kids to have fun and to enjoy some STEM activities from an early age. The critters look adorable and kids will enjoy helping them in their storybook adventures.

25. Melissa Cushing
    September 6, 2019 / 5:03 pm

This is such a cool idea and I love these types of games and toys for kids. Sneaking in some education while playing…. always cool 🙂

26. Echo
    September 7, 2019 / 2:27 am

I love this! I think it is amazing that we are figuring out how to make coding and code engineering intriguing for everyone!

27. September 7, 2019 / 9:16 am

Coding critters looks like a great toy to get for my little boy, I’m sure he’ll love this. I always love buying toys for my kids that can be fun and also educational for them.

28. September 7, 2019 / 2:04 pm

This sounds like a really fun activity for children. Wow-what a great benefit at an early age.

29. September 9, 2019 / 2:17 am

it’s like little genius’s over here haha what a cool toy

30. September 9, 2019 / 11:26 pm

This would be great for my friend’s son. He’s into gaming and technology. Worth sharing this with her. Thank you for the suggestion.

31. Agnes Dela Cruz
    September 10, 2019 / 7:13 am

This is so cute, I now have an idea to gift my nephew on his birthday next month! Such a fun and colorful toy.

32. September 10, 2019 / 7:19 am

I truly love learning tools like that. More than the fun of the kids playing with it, they unintentionally learn from it as well.

33. September 10, 2019 / 3:05 pm

I’m always amazed at the things they are teaching at a younger and younger age. How you can manipulate those things and learn about code just astounds me. But I know it really works because I have seen it. I will have to show this to some of the people at my library interested in teaching coding to kids.

34. September 11, 2019 / 7:06 am

My niece and nephew would really enjoy these toys. They are both doing STEM in school so this would be a good supplement.

35. vicky hallnewman
    September 11, 2019 / 7:19 am

Coding is one of those things that I can’t get to grips with, but my 9-year-old totally gets it tries to teach me. Coding is important for kids these days and things like these really help to teach them.

36. September 11, 2019 / 3:06 pm

By the way, I just want to mention that my daughter has started her basic coding class today. She says it’s fun and quite fulfilling. Hope we can find similar toys in our local stores. 🙂