5 Simple Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster

To The Point - 5 Simple Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster

For some women long, thick hair just happens, but some are just not born with it. At the end of the day, it is down to our gens if our hair grows thick and fast or not. Hair typically only grows a quarter inch to a half an inch max—per month, but if you feel like this is not happening, there are definitely few techniques and products that can help boost the process.

1. Healthy diet and eating the right foods – Having long, strong hair doesn’t just depend on which products you put on your hair; it also depends on what you put into your body. Try to increase your protein intake with foods like fish, beans, nuts, and whole gains. If you are not a meat lover, vitamins A, C, and E, minerals like zinc and iron, and omega-3 fatty acids can also contribute to healthier hair.
  2. Sleep on a silk pillowcase – The less breakage your hair experiences, the longer your hair will be. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase makes your hair more management as well as lifting up the health and appearance of your skin. While silk will not directly make your hair grow, it does have significant benefits to the existing hair strands. Some studies also show that sleeping on a silk pillowcase can prevent wrinkles in a long run.
  3. Distribute natural oils from your hair – brushing your hair every night before going to sleep can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you just managed to nap your kids and you are about to pass out anywhere you put your head, but but giving your hair a few quick strokes can be great for its health. Brushing each night increases circulation, which helps make your scalp healthier.
  4. Resist from colouring – I have natural black very dark hair and I have never coloured it, I think this is one of the secrets of my hair being healthy, long and thick. For some people its impossible to not colour because of the amount of white hairs coming or for so many different reasons. I personally am in my 30s and thankfully do not have many white hairs if I dont count few here and there. So I am trying to not colour my hair and will only do it when it is much needed as when you bleach your hair, it opens up the cuticle of your hair strands, causing significant damage—especially for those with darker hair each time.
  5. Get trims for your hair-ends often – I think one of the secrets of my hear being healthy is that I trim it quite often, when I say quite often, I mean at least once a month. I might not do a proper haircuts and go to saloons for different styles of hair each time, but trimming the ends is like a religion for my hair. Even if you are struggling with a think hair, starting with frequent trims, will help you see the change very soon. You do not have to cut a lot of hair, just a few mm’s or so is enough to get rid of the open ends which will help you to keep shine, volume, and smoothness at all times.

In terms of the products, in my experience I have come across some of the best shampoo for hair growth which I think really helps:

Kérastase Résistance Bain Extentioniste is a great-smelling shampoo for hair growth and strengthening. It includes creatine, which strengthens the hair from inside, and Creatine R complex, which increases your hair’s flexibility and durability. It doesn’t forget about your scalp either, containing lipids to help with regeneration and taurine, a protective amino acid! The range also includes a conditioner, hair mask and serum which I am still to try, but definitely in love with the shampoo version of it.

Rene Furterer Forticea calls itself an energising shampoo for hair growth and it can do just that: it gives your hair new energy and promotes its growth. Behind it are natural ingredients such as guarana (which stimulates the follicles), orange essential oil (to support microcirculation in the skin), lavender (with antiseptic and relaxing properties) and rosemary (which actually helps prevent hair loss). It claims to prevents premature hair loss in a long run.

Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Scalp Genesis is part of the very first range of holistic hair products by the brand. It really does know how to speed up hair growth. It detoxes the scalp with its patented StemCode™ complex, while the BC Scalp Genesis vitamins fight stress factors and activate the roots towards new growth in thinning hair. I love the way it adds shine and volume to my hair.

hopefully you found these tips helpful, do you have a secret that helps your hair stay healthy, long and think? I can not wait to hear about them 🙂

1. November 4, 2019 / 6:30 pm

Now I just need ways to keep my hair from growing. I’m cutting it every 5 weeks! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

2. November 4, 2019 / 7:07 pm

Currently my hair grows too fast for my taste xD but apart from the jokes, very useful guide.

3. November 4, 2019 / 7:26 pm

My hair seems to grow fast on it’s own. I’ve always had long hair and when I cut it, it returns fairly quickly. I think because I do get trims often!

4. November 4, 2019 / 7:50 pm

My hair seems to grow too fast. My problem is I shed too much.

5. November 4, 2019 / 8:23 pm

Ok, I’m familiar with some of these techniques, but number two is new to me. Never thought about how your pillowcase affects your hair.

6. Melissa L Cushing
    November 4, 2019 / 9:37 pm

These are five fabulous tips indeed and I have been thinking of getting silk pillowcases and after rading this… I am definitely picking them up 🙂 Thank you for sharing and I cannot believe you have never colored your hair! That is awesome and I wish I could say the same.

7. Melissa L Cushing
    November 4, 2019 / 9:39 pm

I have been on my daughter about brushing her hair and I told her that doing so releases the oils and promotes a healthier head if hair. I am sharing this post with her 🙂 Thank you for the tips!

8. November 5, 2019 / 12:55 am

I have never been able to grow my hair. And it is super fine texture. I would love to find something that works well for me.

9. November 5, 2019 / 12:56 am

Great tips. I need to be better at getting my hair trimmed. Actually, I think I’ll go make an appointment now!

10. November 5, 2019 / 7:58 am

I will definitely try out your tips! My hair grows so slow 🙁

11. November 5, 2019 / 8:02 am

I certainly need this. My hair is so lifeless at the moment and I can never seem to make any progress with it.

12. alison netzer
    November 5, 2019 / 4:12 pm

Great tips. I never even thought of the silk pillow case. It never occurred to me that my hair would break during my sleep. Thank you for bringing this to my attention

13. November 5, 2019 / 5:35 pm

I have very thin hair and I would love to grow more hair and prevent breakage. Any recommendations for that?

14. November 5, 2019 / 6:26 pm

I have known about sleeping on a silk pillowcase and brushing your hair at night for years. I never knew about the prevention of wrinkles. Of course, practising a healthy diet is super important to healthy hair.

15. November 5, 2019 / 11:06 pm

I really need to trim my hair more often. I am so bad about just not doing it but I know it will help me in the long run.

16. Jasmine M
    November 6, 2019 / 4:25 am

Having a silk pillow has been a game changer for me as for my hair. However knowing that it can be great for my skin too is a plus. I am happy that I sleep on one.

17. November 6, 2019 / 9:52 am

This is such a great tips. I really wanted to get my hair longer and stay healthy. Because if i let them get to long it gets dry. I should try this guide. Thank you!

18. Hannah Marie
    November 6, 2019 / 12:04 pm

Your guide and tips are absolutely useful. I had a problem lately with my hair. Reading your post is the answer to have a healthy hair.

19. November 6, 2019 / 11:18 pm

I’m not particularly trying to make my hair grow faster, but I can see that if you were this would be useful!

20. November 7, 2019 / 6:19 am

My hair has been a HOT MESS lately! I needed this post. Thanks for sharing these tips!!

21. Echo
    November 7, 2019 / 4:49 pm

These are great tips. My poor hair needs all the love it can, so I am definitely going to put this post to use.

22. November 11, 2019 / 3:12 am

I wish I could avoid coloring my hair but I need to cover up my grays. I do use Collagen and nourishing products to help keep it healthy and growing strong.